On our tutorial on the 11th March we discussed the problems we have had with the coding such as:
- No luck on websites and processing forums
- dreamtemplate.com, live feed of tweets based on hashtags. May help on transfering code so it works
- printmosaic.com, need coding. API helps with creastion, link broken
- Final image, copyright protest?
- Steal an iconic image and create something new adding our own authorship
- Image made up of text
- Try and get a back up plan
Because of these complications we were thinking of using a different platform as this is proving to be extremely difficult. However we then decided that we would create a mask using coding and people will be able to tweet in using a certain hashtag. Their tweets will then reveal an image rather than trying to code images and tweets to make a mosaic.
However, this still leaves us with the issue of not knowing what to use as our background/final image. We had the idea of stealing something that is bigger than someones Instagram Pictures and stealing something iconic and recognisable by everybody. Thus highlighting more how easy it is to breach copyright.
Georgia then did some research into what our final image could be;